NAC Faculty and Staff are getting ready for the start of the school year
Nunavut Arctic College Staff from across the Territory traveled to Iqaluit to receive training and orientation in preparation for the start of the school year.
The training took place at the NAC New Residence Building on August 23rd and 24th. The training focused on Continuing Studies, NAC's new Taxonomy, Finance, Human Resources and Procurement processes, and it was delivered by:
- Vice-President Karsten Henriksen;
- Derrick Hann, Chair, Academic Excellence & Program Development;
- Nicole Alagalak, Manager of Finance;
- Elaine Uppahuak-Prusky, Senior Business Officer;
- Markoosie Qaunirq, Manager of Human Resources
- Mark Mcculloch Senior Manager, Procurement, Logistics, Contract Support Service (CGS)
Additionally, a second training for NAC Faculty will be taking place from August 27th to August 30th. This training will focus on reconciliation in education, empowering indigenous learners, effective feedback, Inuktitut for the workplace, conversations with Elders, workshops, etc.
The Kivalliq Campus also held a staff orientation and training for their staff which included team buildings that were organized by the Learner Counsellor: Allysha Tologanak.
Thank you to everyone who helped with the planning of this training, we appreciate all the effort and dedication. Thank you to all staff and faculty for attending the training sessions, we are looking forward to start the school year!